Executive Management US/CHINA
Christie Hsiao is the founder of Serenity Media Group. It is her vision to create positive entertainment that is uplifting, international in scope, and that catalyzes change. Christie believes in the unique power of story to raise awareness and to compel societal transformation based on love.
Christie’s first book Journey to Rainbow Island, a youth fantasy novel published by Perseus Publishing. The book made the New York Times Bestseller’s list after 3 weeks of release. Since the book’s release, she has been invited to speak at schools and informative events in US, Europe, and Asia.
Christie is dedicated to bridging US and the global market by developing media projects with global appeal. Christie has produced several independent films, including:
- “Resonance” with Eugene Simon from Game of Thrones
- “Struck by Lightning” with Chris Colfer, Rebel Wilson
- “Dorothy of Oz” with Martin Short, Jim Belushi, Dan Aykroyd and Kelsey Grammer.
- “The Gold Retrievers” with Billy Zane, Steve Guttenberg and Curtis Armstrong
- “Dark Honeymoon” with Roy Scheider, Eric Roberts, Tia Carrere and Daryl Hannah
- “Love is the Drug” with Lizzy Caplan, John Patrick Amedori and Daryl Hannah
Originally from Taiwan, Christie earned her BA in East Asian Studies from UCLA and an MBA from Pepperdine University. She went on to study film in New York, where she wrote, directed, and produced several well-reviewed films before going onto consult for industry executives and production companies.
The specific combination of Christie’s global business sensibilities, understanding of both Eastern and Western cultures, plus strong working relations in the entertainment industry, uniquely position Christie as a bicultural conduit between US and Asia market.