Originally from Taiwan, Christie Hsiao earned her BA in East Asian Studies from UCLA and a MBA from Pepperdine University. Christie went on to study film in New York City, where she wrote, directed, and produced several well-reviewed films before going onto consult for industry executives and production companies.
It is her vision to create positive entertainment that is uplifting, international in scope, and that catalyzes change. Christie believes in the unique power of story to raise awareness and to compel societal transformation based on love.
Christie’s first book, Journey to Rainbow Island, a youth fantasy novel published by Perseus Publishing, made the New York Times Bestseller’s list after 3 weeks of release. Since the book’s release, she has been invited to do motivational speaking at schools and informative events in US, Europe, and Asia.
Christie is dedicated to bridging US and the global market by developing media projects with global appeal. She has produced several feature films, including:
- “Resonance” with Eugene Simon from Game of Thrones
- “Struck by Lightning” with Chris Colfer, Rebel Wilson
- “The Gold Retrievers” with Noah Centineo, Billy Zane, and Curtis Armstrong
- “Dark Honeymoon” with Roy Scheider, Eric Roberts, Tia Carrere and Daryl Hannah
- “Love is the Drug” with Daryl Hannah, John Patrick Amedori, and Lizzy Caplan
- “Legends of Oz: Dorothy’s return” with Lea Michele, Patrick Stewart and Kelsey Grammer.
- “The Pool Boys” with Tom Arnold, Matthew Lillard, and Efren Ramirez
The specific combination of Christie’s global business sensibilities, understanding of both Eastern and Western cultures, plus strong working relations in the entertainment industry, uniquely position Christie as a bicultural conduit between US and Asia market.